Updates effective April 2022.
All students at Mirman School are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks post completion of the vaccination series), and all students ages 12 up must receive their booster. Additionally, all employees and adult visitors on campus are required to be up to date on their vaccinations (including their booster dose).
Confirmed Positive, Symptomatic, or Exposed Children
If your child has any COVID-19 like symptoms, has been exposed to a confirmed positive or symptomatic case or an individual that has had positive exposure, please follow these guidelines and protocols
Mirman is committed to keeping our entire community safe no matter the circumstances. Throughout the pandemic, the members of a Scenario Planning Task Force, comprised of administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and medical professionals, have been working to develop practices and protocols to create a safe school while keeping on top of shifting conditions and new information from state, local, and federal agencies. We have also made changes to our physical plant to better allow for safe distancing and heightened hygiene practices.
Procedure changes include, but are not limited to:
- Weekly on-campus testing for students and all faculty and staff
- Use of outdoor spaces and tenting for outdoor classes when possible
- Maintaining physical distancing at all times
- Required COVID-19 training for all faculty/staff through SafeSchools
- Hiring additional professional cleaning staff and frequently sanitizing and disinfecting high-touch surfaces
- Enhanced nightly cleaning measures including electrostatic fog
- Upgrading and testing HVAC systems to ensure proper air circulation and filtering
- Additional sanitizer stations and hand wash sinks installed throughout campus
- Creating additional classroom spaces to reduce class size
- Additional spacing between desks
- Clear signage promoting healthy practices and managing traffic flow and occupancy
Carpooling across each grade level is allowed. All grades across both divisions (Kindergarten through US4) can carpool with people in their grade level and siblings. Masks must be worn at all times in the car. Mixed LS and US-grade level carpools with siblings only may be dropped off at the back gate.
If your child will be traveling to or from school with a carpool other than your own, please use the SchoolPass app to add your child to the carpool of another Mirman School family. You can find step-by-step instructions on how to change your child’s carpool here
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to test once weekly testing. Testing frequency is subject to change and is dependent upon surge rates and community case counts.
Masking at Mirman School is strongly recommended of all students, faculty and staff. KN95 or KF94 masks are highly recommended. If cloth masks are worn, they should Also recommended that masks include at least two layers (tighter weave cotton preferred), filters add additional protection.
Students must be able to fit their reusable or disposable items in their backpack after use to contain any contaminated items. Students will be able to bring their water bottles to lunch and snack and bring it right back to their desk afterward.
All parents and visitors on campus are required to submit proof of being fully vaccinated and boosted.
All students are required to PCR COVID-19 test within three to five days upon return per LA County Travel Advisory
guidelines and recommendations.